Friday 5 September 2008

The return of the prodigal... idiot

Sorry, first I was occupied with stuff to take care of before returning to Bath, and then it turned out my connection here had been cut off while I was in India. Don't think I have the time to do a detailed birthday set for all the days I missed, so I might as well list the people I would have done a post on below. Will try and make up for it by doing a post on them next year even if they are dead by then.

August 24: Stephen Fry
August 25: Sean Connery, I guess, but there are so many people for this date...
August 26: Barbet Schroeder just about edges it...
August 27: Deco, though Pee Wee Herman deserves a lifetime shout just for being Pee Wee Herman :P
August 28: Jack Black edges out a lotta people
August 29: John McCain edges out so many people, cos he is one of the men of the moment
August 30: Andy Roddick may have earned it over the years, but I choose to do it on young hope Ernests Gulbis. If he's still doing the job next year...
August 31: A really hard one, but Queen Rania, cos she is a rare public figure I consider worthy of admiration overall, not just for achievements in a field.
September 1: Ruud Gullit. Though it should be Phil McGraw. Why? COS HE'S PHIL MCGRAW, DAMMIT!
September 2: I could play club favourites and choose Pato, but I'll be fair and take Joey Barton on experience and interestingness. That, and cos he would kill me if I didn't do so.
September 3: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
September 4: Dawn Fraser (also, my granddad)
September 5: Freddie Mercury

Will start posting again from tomorrow... I assume. It's also my sis' birthday, so I will definitely pick someone good :)

No comments: