Thursday 21 August 2008

The Rain God cometh...

I'M BACK in my hometown! Finally done with that placement at HAL. Can't say I am fond of the city yet, but I will accept that I may have been able to tolerate the place if I had been in a position to get out more. But enough of that- just glad to be home. And I'll be back in Bath in a week, so WOOHOO!
All in all, the last few weeks have been extremely productive... came up with a graphic novel concept, considered in great detail superhero fashions, and got so bored I added to my existing expertise in air tennis, air cricket and air football by learning air/mental kung fu fighting [although I am distinctly better at my new skill- my Henman lob in tennis still goes wide in my imagination, I keep edging the ball to first slip in cricket and I miss the corner of the goal in football, but as of now I can do to anyone what Black Canary did to Manhunter; ignore that last bit, it's a geeky comic book reference]. Okay, so I didn't pick up any new aerospace info, but I already knew that would happen before leaving, so nothing lost apart from 3 weeks.
As for the blog, when I get back to Bath I am obtaining some tools that will encourage me to increase my blogging activity. Until then, I am going to do the odd post and in addition have a birthday of the day post each day, something I had been planning to do from August 1 before the lack of wifi in Bangalore wrecked that plan. First up, someone who I have an incredible fascination with. Have found some of her songs annoying, but on the whole I love her voice and think that with some less manipulative songwriters she would be one of the best around, and that she is misunderstood because of her past image. Plus, something I saw at HAL reminded me of one of her songs, so she is very much on my mind. All in the next post
As for the title of this post, the last week in Bangalore has been characterised by sudden showers everytime I set foot on the main road, and the point of maximum intensity following me wherever I went. Similar to the Rain God in Douglas Adams' So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, who was followed by rain wherever he went.

No comments: